Borussia Dortmund is German football club, numerous victor of the Bundesliga, champ of the German Cup and German League Cup. In 1997, Borussia won the Champions League trophy without precedent for its history. In 2013 the group achieved the last of the most esteemed competition, where it lost to Bavaria. “Borussia” was the first thus far the main European grandee, whose shares are recorded on the financial exchange. Because of this, over 80% of the group shares have a place with fans and other invested individuals. The key opponent of Borussia is the football club Schalke 04, with which the Ruhr derby is played.
A couple of words about the history of the club
Borussia Dortmund Football Club was founded on December 20, 1909 by a group of local seminarians. They were united by dissatisfaction with a spiritual mentor, pastor Devald, who hated football and did not want to include it in the program of the sports circle. The name “Borussia” comes from the Latin name of Prussia and the neighboring brewery. Already in the first matches, the club scored several major victories over teams from its region. But there were curious incidents. So the result of the match of September 8, 1913 (1-0 in favor of Borussia) was canceled due to the fact that one gate was 22 centimeters lower than it should be! In the season 1935/36, “Borussia” became the first German team to acquire its own coach.
A couple of words about the titles
8-time champion of Germany, 3-time winner of the German Cup, 4-time winner of the German Super Cup, winner of the League Cup, winner of the Champions League, winner of the Cup Winners Cup, winner of the Intercontinental Cup.
A couple of words about club colors
Initially, the shape of the football players from Dortmund had nothing to do with the well-known yellow-black: only black trousers were from her. The shirt was white and blue with a red diagonal line. And only on February 14, 1914, the Football Union of Germany approved the new demand of Borussia – from now on, its players’ t-shirts turned lemon yellow.
A couple of words about the home stadium
The arena was built in record time for the World Cup 74 in Germany, it cost 32 million marks, of which the city invested only six million (the rest was given by the federal authorities), and the first years contained “only” 54 thousand spectators.
A couple of words about the Ruhr derby
Dortmund against Gelsenkirchen, Gelsenkirchen against Dortmund. In short, the Ruhr derby is considered the main football opposition in Germany. Although the title of the oldest match belongs to the fight of “Nuremberg” and “Fürth”. The status of the derby confrontation Dortmund and Gelsenkircher gained because of the proximity of two cities located in the same administrative unit of Germany – an industrial area of the Ruhr River. Only on November 14, 1943, Borussia won the first victory over Schalke (in the pre-war years, the club from Gelsenkirchen invariably gained the upper hand). It was from this meeting that the contours of the main German derby began to emerge: until the 1940s, many Dortmund fans supported their neighbors, who at that time were the country’s most titled and popular club.
Statistics of meetings: 165 matches in all tournaments, 58 wins – “Borussia”, 66 – “Schalke”, with 41 draws. Goal difference: 256: 319 in favor of Schalke.
On April 2, 1974, in the opening match of the Borussia stadium, Westfalenstadion, the club from Dortmund met the hated rival in the Ruhr derby – Schalke. The result was discouraging for Borussia – 0: 3 in favor of the guests!
A couple of words about the main trainer
In Germany, and throughout the world, the Borussia mentor is equally considered to be a top coach and an eccentric. Klopp himself treats this with humor and tells funny stories from his coaching experience: “Somehow during the pre-season preparation I took Mainz players to the lake in Sweden. We went there for five days without food stocks. We had to get food yourself. I wanted to show the guys that they can do anything. My assistant thought I was an idiot.”
A couple of words about the main loss of yellow-black
Following Mario Goetze from Borussia to Bayern, the best yellow-black striker Robert Lewandowski will move. On January 4, 2014, it was announced that the footballer had signed a five-year contract with the Munich club.
A couple of words about the average attendance of home games
In the list of the most visited teams of Europe last season, Borussia took the first position, having demonstrated almost one hundred percent result – 80,558 fans (99.9 percent of the total stadium capacity).
A couple of words about the Armenian Borbus of “Borussia”
Borussia midfielder and Armenian national team Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the first Armenian footballer who managed to score in the Champions’ League group stage.
Interesting facts about the team
- For the first time in the national team, Roman Weidenfeller was called up in 1997, taking part in the German junior team in the World Junior World Championships 1997 held in Egypt. The German national team ranked fourth in the tournament, and Weidenfeller was named the best goalkeeper of the championship!
- Roman’s girlfriend, Lisa Rosenbach, is an ardent admirer of Borussia Dortmund. When the Klopp team won the Silver Salad Bowl, it appeared on the magazine covers with compromising headlines! Namely – “We, perhaps, will dress once more elegantly in the championship, dear” Bavaria “and” For the players, Schalke treats as always: just look, but not touch.”
- In the current Champions League, more precisely in its group stage, Roman reflected 8 out of 10 absolute moments of the opponents, which is an incredible indicator!
- Mitch was honored with the Harry Kewell Medal in the 2009/10 season, which is awarded to the best Australian players under the age of 23!
- The guy is closely watched at home. The match of the German Cup final, in which Borussia beat Bayern with a score of 5: 2, watched a record number of spectators! Despite the fact that the match started at 6 a.m. by Australian time!
- Zlatan started playing football at the age of 3 years for Körn, before joining Dortmund.
- Neven was born to a Serbian family in SR Bosnia and Herzegovina. When Neven was 5 years old, the family moved to Shemberg. In Germany, Neven begins his football career. At the age of seven years is a member of the youth club of the TSF “Schwarzenberg”. In 1999, the Subotic family moved to Salt Lake City, where cousin Zeljko Subotic, his father, lived. In 2001, the family moved to Bredenton, Florida, where he draws the attention of the US junior national team coach John Elingner. Neven becomes a player in the US team (under 17), as well as the University of South Florida football team.
- Mats’s father, Hermann, was also a professional footballer and coach. And it was he who attracted his son to the Bavaria youth team, in which he worked as a breeder, until he was replaced by the son of Franz Beckenbauer – Stefan. By the way, Mats’ younger brother, Jonas, is also a professional footballer who is now playing for Unterhaching.
- In 2012, Mats Hummels did not receive yellow cards in the Bundesliga (2823 minutes without warning). Achievement is unique in that Hummels is a defense player! The Dortmund defender was last punished with a yellow card on August 27, 2011 in a match against Leverkusen, which means that the total length of the gentleman’s line is 4016 minutes without penalty!
- The mother of a German is a sports journalist. It is thanks to mother Mats knows how to behave properly with the media.
- Until the age of 23, he played at the amateur level for such clubs as Legden, Stadtlon, Freden and Verl.
- At the end of May 2012, Oliver was married to the famous German model Jana Fleotto.
- Before fully devoting himself to football, Partick played in the German amateur basketball league, moreover, he did it more than successfully. But now he does not forget about this sport, commenting on the NBA games on German television.
- He spoke at the 2004 Euro Youth, which was held in Turkey. Although the Polish national team did not come out of the group, taking the last place, Lukas became the top scorer of the entire tournament, hitting 4 times the opponents’ goal in 3 games!
- Lukash moved to Borussia from the capital Hertha, which went down in class. So, according to the results of that season, the Pole was one of the worst on the field, receiving an average ball from Kicker 4.13.
- There is one interesting point in the player’s contract. Brazilian will be able to pick up any club for just 1 million euros. True, there is one “but.” This can only be done if the Brazilian plays 20 matches in a Bundesliga season.
- Felipe’s best friend is Andre Santos “Gunner”. Here is how it was. Felipe’s parents were very poor, that it was not even possible to take my child to the city for viewing. Fortunately, Santos was loaned to the team of the city of Rio Clara, where they met. Andre promised to talk to the club management and kept his promise. After a couple of weeks, the guy was invited to view, fully paying the fare.
- Champion youth Euro 2009. In the final, the English team was unnoticed, with Mike Richards, Fabrice Muamba, Keeran Gibbs, Lee Cattermeal, James Milner, Jack Rodwell and Theo Wallcott shining.
- He is the fifth man in club history who has won three league titles (2002, 2011, and 2012), the others were Willy Bergmüller, Hlmut Brecht, Lars Rikken and Stefan Reuter.
- On January 29, 2005, in a match with Borussia Mönchengladbach, there was a curiosity: midfielder Per Kluge, who was naked in that meeting, struggled with Sebastian for a long time to drag his underpants, until the second man’s dignity jumped out of them.
- Both Benders in their clubs are called the same – “Manni”, in honor of the famous player of “Bavaria” and “Munich” Manfred Bender.
- In 2002, the two brothers joined the Munich Youth Academy, with which they won the U17 youth championship in 2006 (Borussia was beaten in the decisive match with a 2-) score. And in 2008, Sven became the champion of Europe among young men under 19 years old.
- Moritz is an avid FIFA player. In the team he has no equal in this matter.
- Do you know that the maternity hospital where the future talent came into being is just a few kilometers from the Schalke stadium? But the fans of Borussia turn a blind eye to this, since Ilkay spent only 1 year at the cobalt academy, and even then at the age of 8 years.
- He is a big fan of basketball and college football. Yes, there is not enough growth for dunks, but musculature for martial arts, but she is happy to watch NBA and NFL matches on television, or she goes to see first-hand matches of her favorite team – New Orleans Seints.
- Mario was born in a small town located 100 km from Munich. The young boy was already seen on the radars of Munich scouts, but his father intervened. The fact is that Jürgen Götze was offered a position as a professor at the Dortmund University of Technology, which he could not refuse.
- Felix’s older brother Mario is now playing for Bochum, having left the Borussia system in 2010. And the younger brother Mario is still trying to break into the foundation of Borussia, speaking for the club’s academy.
- One of Mario’s best friends is the faringer’s winger, Andre Shurrle. They often spend time in a place, including their holidays!
- No matter how you relate to the theory of determinism, it must be admitted that Mario Goetze is at full speed to become a real football “Götze” for Germany. “Götze” (German) – idol, idol.